Saturday, June 12, 2010

Welcome

I built my first brick oven just on two years ago. It took me about six years of thinking about getting around to building it, and a weekend to build.

A few people have been asking about my wood fired oven. Questions like:
  • How hard was it to make?
  • Did it take long?
  • What sort of bricks did you use?
  • Did you use a plan?

Fortunately, I had the fore-sight to take a few pictures as I went. Today I've bitten the bullet and decided to put the pics, and a bit of a story about how I built it up on the web to make them easily accessible to who-ever might be interested.

Today's been a bit of a busy day. I started on my second brick oven at the new house. Clancy's collapsed in a heap on the floor (his favourite way to spend a bit of free time). I'm feeling a bit stiff and sore, so this will probably be all I post today.

My plan is to share the process of how I built my first oven, as well as the progress I make on Sev's Brick Oven Mark II.

No comments:

Post a Comment